Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday, September 30

22 miles.

I ache. And my sinus infection is back.

It's funny how I know all of the dogs in the county now. But I forgot about one black lab -- two miles in, he accosted me and made it clear he wanted to run a few miles, but I didn't want the anxiety tonight. It took me 10 full minutes to convince him to stay home.

New headlamp -- the Petzl Tikka 2. WAY, WAY brighter than my puny Energizer. Like wielding a light saber from my forehead instead of a candle. I can see at least 100 yards with the thing. Very good investment.

When trucks drive by you on a gravel road and you're wearing a headlamp...it's sort of like those undersea science TV shows where submersible cameras dive with artificial light, with all the bubbles and plankton and what not obscuring a lot of the view.

Same deal with dust, and probably just as hard to breathe. Surreal.

Also surreal. Seeing spider eyes everywhere. They look like glowing jewels on the road and in the grasses.

15 miles in I ran by another lab's home. She is the dumbest dog ever and insists and running with me no matter how far I go. Had to throw her in the car and take her home at the end. Then she stood in front of the car and wouldn't let me drive away.

I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment