Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday

29 miles.

That puts me over 100 for the past 7 days. This should please The Jen. Or not.

Started late and wound up running under the full moon. That was cool. Got to see strands of fog rolling in, too.

Ran in a somewhat unfamiliar area and wound up on a road where I needed a machete to get through the vegetation. I didn't have a machete.

Attacked by a pack of angry cockatoos at mile 20. They were hungry but I grabbed a handful of feathers from one, which sent the rest of the bloodthirsty suckers scattering.

I wore my little Lunar Trek reflective vest! That was nice. Having a headlamp so I could see would've been better. Note to self: reflective vest and moonlight do not team up to make a flashlight.

The gas station in Ceresco is making a fortune off of me. And the old lady behind the counter looks at me suspiciously every time I'm there. I'm going to photocopy some ones for the next time I buy a Snickers and see if she notices.

No comments:

Post a Comment